Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tulip progress

It has been a nice weekend (not weather wise). Yesterday, a friend and I took the day to do an art studio tour which we both really enjoyed.
My only purchases were a couple of notecards and this frig magnet painted on a small stone by my friend Nicole Boudreau. The color and the message suited me.

We were out visiting in laws today and then I squeezed in a bit of studio time to finish most of the stitching on the tulips. It's just about ready to sandwich and quilt.
I'm still thinking of stitching on some writing, but would only do it after the quilting. I'll see then.

Now, I'm starving! I'm going to dish myself up some baked veggie stew with the cornbread topping that I just took out of the oven.

4 comments:

elle said...

The bit of blue lace adds something, Holly. Rain again here. Nice dish under the stew!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

everything looks great...didn't rain here today; yesterday was miserable. We planted marigolds today....and got all of the vegie garden in. I planted the potatoes last Friday and the two of us finished the rest of the planting today. I was going to do it tomorrow, but Merrill was thinking it was too much work for me alone...and today it wasn't raining....lol

beth said...

where's the recipe? ;) Love your tulips.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

it's looking really fabulous {your tulips}. love the colors. the stone is cute, too. sounds like you made the most out of a dreary day! tulips + stew = happy + comfort! {great math, huh?!}