Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Simplicity

I finished up this little piece and decided it didn't need much in the way of a binding. I remembered a tutorial I read at marvelesartstudios for her version of a faux piping and decided to give it a try.

Do you see where there's just a little peaking out here and there? That's how it's supposed to be. I think it works great on the gentle curves of this piece which measures about 8 3/4 by 10 inches.
It's all done done except the loop hook in the back.
Now I just have to decide if I should list it on line or put it in the shop downtown.

9 comments:

Dolores said...

You're quick this week. I like this little piece with the gentle curves.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very sweet:)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very pretty Holly

Linda said...

Love it! So pretty. The faux piping is a great idea. I must keep this in mind.

elle said...

It turned out lovely, Holly!

Patti said...

The flowers are really pretty, and I like that faux piping!

M-R Charbonneau said...

It's beautiful, Holly! I love the look of the tulips!

In stitches and seams said...

lovely spring quilt. And thanks for sharing the binding/ piping I will have to check that out.
in stitches

Susan J Barker said...

just as it says, simplicity. A lovely little spring quilt, would be great in a hallway or near the kitchen!