Friday, June 7, 2013

The goldfinch sings

I potted up a few flowers and a tomato plant this morning while listening to the sweet song of the goldfinch. By the time i was starting to exude a bit of sweat while planting the rest of my seeds, some carrots and some nasturtiums, I was rudely interrupted from my reverie by some pesky little flies. My carrots won't be growing in any straight row this year! I was practically flinging them in my haste to escape.

This is a ghost print on wrinkled deli paper that I made the other day after printing on fabric. I glued it in my sketchbook and filled in with colored pencil.
I'm quite intrigued with the texture of the wrinkles which echoes the tree branch lines. I'm thinking of ways to produce it on cloth.

Now I must go change for my Friday lunch date followed by tutoring this afternoon.

3 comments:

elle said...

Holly, grandson Josh and I totally approve of this birdie!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

love the little bird....|Gerber Daisy is a favorite

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Love your goldfinch! I will be watching your progress on this piece as always!