Saturday, June 15, 2013

guest posting

Today, I'm guest posting at the blog, And Then We Set It On Fire. I've written a bit of a synopsis about my Gelli printing. I hope you'll check it out.
This gold finch piece is one of the last things I posted about as I've been working on it this week. On the left is a deli paper print that I glued into my sketchbook and on the right is a fabric print that I've colored with my Neocolor II crayons.
Here it is as it sits currently, ready for sandwiching.
Today, I'm going to get some clothes washed and hung out, maybe tend to my garden or at least walk around it and then I'm going to do a few hours in the shop at the waterfront  that carries my things.

2 comments:

elle said...

Holly, that is an amazing post. You have explained things well and your examples are as inspiring as ever! thanks! Happy weekend.

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you for your great tutorial...... though I've played with printing, your indepth discussion opened up new avenues for future experimenting. Sometimes I get too impatient because for me....the only reason to make a quilt (art quilt) is to have something to bead...which is my favorite part!! I'm trying to learn to slow down a bit and enjoy the other aspects of the process....grinning....