Saturday, June 1, 2013

detail moonlight garden and a hummer

I was at our waterfront shop today, Chal Baie, where I did a little more on my garden piece. I'm sure some of you are tired of seeing it. Hand work is a slow process though and I haven't done any machine sewing for a while. I've done a lot more hand stitching on this than many of my pieces. It just seemed to ask for it and I've been in the mood.

It is also the time of year when I start showing more bird photos. Our hummingbirds appeared at our kitchen window this week summoning us to put out the feeder which we promptly did. I had no idea they would return to the same house and feeder. Remarkable!
It's another rainy weekend here. You can see some of the droplets in the photo above.We've canceled golf again. at least I have creative things like taking pictures through my windows to keep me busy.


3 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

and hand stitching! I'm enjoying watching the progress on your moonlight garden

Robbie said...

Love the hand work!!! Never tire of seeing your work!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It has been rainy here too. I haven't seen any hummers yet this year. I guess I need to get my 2 flower baskets that hang in the backyard done. All of your handwork is what makes your pieces so special. You will know when it has had enough.