Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A little painting, a little stitching

This time of year there is always a lot going on between spending more time outside and having family visit. My youngest son is home for a few days and his fiancé will arrive tonight. The weather sounded rainy and unsettled for today but he managed a mountain bike run and I got a line of clothes dry.
I cleaned and put some screens on the last couple of windows. It sure is late to be doing it but until this past weekend it was cool.
I've managed to get some time to work on my commissioned shore birds; two are plovers and one is a sandpiper, I believe.

Then, I had a bit of time to add some green and pink free motion stitching to the blossoms and leaves in the border. I fixed the one circle where I melted the Angelina. I just want to add a bit more to the bird and then I'll sandwich it for quilting.
I'm still pondering how I want to quilt it. I've seen some designs that I like and wondering if I could do it. I'll have to practice on some paper first to see how I like it. I think it will just be a mix of circles, wavy lines and a meandering zig zag to simulate leaves.

3 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Holly, your watercolours are really lovely!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Gosh you do nice work

rtquilter said...

Beautiful, Holly! Well done!!