I finally got to cut and arrange the birches on my stitched background and I added some black spots and lighter grey areas with fabric paints. Once it’s dried overnight and ironed, I can add some stitching.
After that I pulled out one of my Gelli prints to do a bit of free motion stitching on. It’s to be used as a donation in an upcoming SAQA auction if all goes well.
I often like to outline in black and add layers with other threads overtop.
Something else I’m working on a few strips at a time is this piece of muslin oversewn with selvedge edges. This has been laying over the back of my computer chair for ages! Another project I’m going to finish. I’ve added about 10” more and have about that much to finish it. The plan is to add batting, lightly stipple quilt it and then make a simple slip cover to slide over the back of the chair.
Im feeling satisfied finishing up some old projects as well as starting some new ones. Always percolating are ideas for what’s next.
Happy Saturday, I hope you’re having a good one.