Sunday, June 2, 2013

Printing a vase

It's been another grey drizzly day here. It s getting tiresome. Showers are forecast for tomorrow. I am hoping to get out in between to do a bit of planting.
I wasn't home for long today. In between I stamped a vase shape onto a piece of fabric that was screened with a white and painted with a gold transparent paint.

The design on the vase was done by masking off part of one of my homemade stencils.

Originally, I planned to make tulip stamps for the vase but now I'm thinking maybe lilacs. Mine are half opened. I'm thinking of pressing a couple and trying to print with them. i use old phone books to press plant materials. Let you know how that goes in a few days.

3 comments:

elle said...

I now have a few tulips showing. I think I need more as the Rooster is noticing them. The lilacs aren't hardly leafing. Frost this morning but the rain is holding back now. Fill that nice vase!!! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

like the vase Holly!! Our tulips are just about gone now. I hate to see them go; they were so pretty. Lilacs are out in full bloom now....spelling wonderful

What Comes Next? said...

my tulips are long gone, lilacs too. My first flush of roses are looking gorgeous! Love the background fabric - very pretty