Monday, June 3, 2013

Printing tulips

After making a rhubarb crumble first thing this morning, I starting cutting out fun foam tulips. Not having any thick foam left to stick them to, I used cardboard.

In the picture below you can see where I laid a paper mask over the vase so I could print the tulips.

After it was dry I then decided to paint some checks around the vase. I used a chalk pencil but it doesn't seem inclined to come out in places. I'll have to hope to cover it up with some stitching. If you look very closely you can see one where I moved a line. It's not exactly where I want to stitch so we shall see how that works out.

I keep thinking I want to do something a little less realistic, but I can't seem to help myself.
Next, I can't decide if I should back it and start stitching or add the borders first. Of course I want to dive into the stitching now!