Saturday, September 1, 2012

Too sick to sew

This is one of those times when one really appreciates a cheery quilt! I've been in and out of bed for the past three days unable to shake an intestinal bug.
I don't even have the energy to knit although I did do some sketching yesterday.
I have been reading the Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin. I actually had to buy the 5th book around 4 am this morning when I couldn't sleep. This last book is over 1000 pages so it'll keep me going for a while.
With a medieval theme and hundreds of characters it's hard to get into at first, but if you like that sort of thing and stick with it, it's hard to put down.

So, if I don't return to the blog for a bit, you'll know I'm coddling myself. What a way to spend a nice long weekend! Oh well, I've not had anything like this in years. I guess I have to count myself lucky and go with the flow.

I'll be back when I'm feeling better.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Sue W. said...

I really enjoyed The Game of Thrones.....finished book five....now I'm waiting for #6. Hope you're feeling better soon.

greelyrita said...

Aw, I'm so sorry you're sick. Look forward to that "Yay, I'm healthy again" rush of energy. That's always wonderful.

Gill said...

I hope you're feeling better soon Holly!

elle said...

Oh, make the most of a pajama day is my motto. You are the second to recommend this series. Yikes! I haven't time!!! Take care, Holly!

Margaret Applin said...

Feel better Holly!!!

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

Yep - that's what quilts are for. I hope you feel better! I'm glad you are able to rest.
hugs
Monika in Saskatoon

imquilternity said...

You poor thing! Take care of yourself and get lots of rest while you can. Flu is the worst!!