Saturday, September 22, 2012

My creative life

The first creative thing I did today was to take my husband shopping for a shirt and tie. It is one week before my son's wedding so it was about time. Do you love the colors? I particularly like the design on the tie. It reminds me of the designs I'm working on for a silk screen.

Then this afternoon, I made these banana bread cookies to take with me. They are having a 7 pm wedding and dance. We are doing pictures at 3pm and will have a light supper in their suite.
You can find the recipe here:

http://cookiesandcups.com/banana-bread-cookies/

I will make the maple frosting tomorrow and freeze them.

I'm just finishing up hand sewing the binding on their quilt and I also want to make a label for it. I feel quite safe to show it because my son's fiancé is off work this week and they don't have Internet at home. I will show you a full picture in just over a week once they've seen it.
So that was my day. I visited my studio to look at the two pieces I'm working on. I took a few minutes to get them ironed and sandwiched. I'm already for when I do get some time.

6 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Oh I love that tie too, Holly! Beautiful. And the cookies look deliciouso! And frosting? count me IN! lol. ENJOY! Sounds like a wonderful time for your family. Blessings~

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Congratulations and best wishes for the upcoming nuptials! The wedding quilt looks lovely!

elle said...

What a tie! The quilt is going to be so great! Congratulations to all.

Gill said...

I love colour of the shirt and the tie is perfect!

Margaret Applin said...

Love the tie and the shirt!!!! The quilt looks wonderful and I want to make some of those banana bread cookies!!!! Thanks for sharing the link! Have a great time at the wedding :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi Holly....love your quilt! I just got home last night from Lancaster,PA. I saw your comment on the FMQ challenge piece. I enjoyed doing that one....you should give it a try.I have to take a pic of this months challenge tomorrow and post it,