Monday, September 10, 2012

3 lavender sachets and a painted fabric

I love this fresh, crispy, sunny fall weather! You'd think I'd be getting more fiber art done. I'm getting ready for two weddings this month, my son's is one and there are always a few fall cleaning jobs too.
So I sat down for a few minutes this afternoon, put together, and stuffed 3 more sachets that I will drop off to the shop downtown.
I've also been busy learning about my new paints, the Silks. And I love doing fall walks where I inevitably pick up little bits of nature's offerings to bring home for sketching.

I pulled this painted fabric that I did years ago from my bin a couple of weeks ago. I've been musing about it ever since. It kind of fits my mood for something different right now.
It is about the size of a fat quarter but I will likely cut it up. What do you think? Any ideas? I've got some but someone might provide a spark of an idea.

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

everything is looking great Holly...so talented! I still don't know what I'm going to do with the fabric you sent me...I'm not touching it til I know exactly what to do. I really like it. I take off on Sunday morning for Pennsylvania....\Amish quilting country...so anxious.

Gill said...

A zippered pouch???

elle said...

It is kinda of a grey overcast day here. But my roses are still blooming away. Your fabric reminds me of that. Maybe a few flowers on a rectangular case?