Wednesday, September 26, 2012

it's flowing slowly

In the last few weeks, I've had only bits and pieces of time to work. We have two weddings this month and thus two weekends on the road. My son's is this weekend.

I've been sewing here and there. This morning, I went to my lap swim and then met a friend for lunch, so I was later than usual getting into my studio. The piece above is the one I showed last week. I added tulle, then removed it. I stitched Angelina around a moon, then wasn't sure I liked it. I had another narrower piece that I had cut off, so I decided to experiment with it.
I added some paint to the moon and while it dried, I finished the 3 flowers in the triangle areas of the grey and purple piece. Also, I did 2 more feathers.



I wanted to get back to the moon/planet piece as it is on my mind. I'm having trouble to express what I envision. I added Angelina fiber around the moon, stitched it with free motion then added some tulle. I stitched it and started adding a bit of free motion stitching when I ran out of bobbin thread. It was time to take a break anyway.
I'm not sure about the Angelina fiber. I have some scraps of sparkly white tulle that I think might work but none are big enough. I'm hoping I'll have time to look for some on our way to the wedding Saturday.
I'm linking to WIP Wednesday at the Needle and Thread Network.

6 comments:

elle said...

I do like tulle but I've never worked with angelina fibre. Feathers are looking good!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Love the colors in the moon planet piece Holly. Thanks for commenting on the quilt; it is a commissioned piece. I like it too.

Margaret said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've worked with both angelina fibre and film...a little goes a long way! You might try Shiva (R) PaintStiks to get the iridescence you want with a bit more control.

Somehow, though, I see a 'moon' behind the one you have identified...are you planning on doing something else to highlight it too?

Congratulations on all the weddings!

Best,
M

Kit Lang said...

Love the moon plante piece. :)

Sheila said...

Love the fabric used for the moon planet piece , will be watching your progress on this interesting piece.Great feathers !!

Regina said...

You have a lot of patience.....that flower on the grey and mauve block is wonderful.