If you're a fiber artist or quilter, you may be tired of seeing my trials with the new Silks paint. I'm kind of percolating ideas right now and playing some with paints.
This morning while doing my laps at the salt water pool, I was thinking about how I might use the new paints on a watercolor I did yesterday. I wasn't particularly pleased with it, so I thought it couldn't hurt to try out the silks on it. I'm still having trouble preserving the highlights and I don't have any maskit nor can I buy it in town. Each exercise is a lesson learned at least.
Then, this afternoon, I finally got the courage to cut into this piece of fabric and add some paint to it.
I lost a bit of control over how the paint spread. In the picture you may notice the pins where I've added some tulle in the foreground.
By tomorrow, I may make a couple of changes. In case it's not obvious, I'm thinking of moons or celestial bodies in space, so I plan to add lots of sparkle with Angelina fibers and beads.