Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lost in space and a table topper

I'm lost in space ( thought) with this piece. Sometimes I can jump right into a piece, knowing or sensing right away what I want to do and how I want to do it.
At other times, like now, I know what I want it to be about, but it's still a little hazy as to how I will get there. I added and rearranged a couple of bits of tulle and I know I want to add some Angelina fiber around the moons/planets. I have some but must read the directions on how to use it.

You know how I love my bird photos! These are sandpipers seen last weekend at the PEI beach near my mother's cottage. I'm still feeling good about our lovely time away!

This was the sunset view of the beach taken during one of several walks.

This picture with my husband standing in the opening really shows the sandstone layers that are being slowly eroded and broken off by the ocean. Each year the cliff silhouettes recede and change in appearance.

While musing about the space piece, I put together the batiks above. The center is a Bali that I discharged sometime last winter with a hand made stencil. Will it be a cushion or a table topper, I'm not sure.
I'm going to pull out my free motion quilting books to flip through for ideas while I'm taking a break.
I'm also going to bring up some space photos on my I pad. I saw a couple yesterday that we're inspiring.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your sandpiper and sandstone photos. They are things I've never seen in person.

Margaret Applin said...

I love sandpipers!!! Your pictures are wonderful!! I'm loving the new piece and like the way you are developing it with the tulle!! It will talk back to you to tell you what it needs - give it time :)

imquilternity said...

What an absolutely lovely beach setting! Wow....even I feel a bit relaxed looking at it! Glad you were able to get away for a bit.