Monday, September 17, 2012

a wedding and a watercolor

We got home last night from PEI where we attended the loveliest wedding for  my only sister's eldest daughter. It was held outside at an old hotel with flower gardens, farmer's fields and the seashore as a backdrop. The service was held  under the trees with the ocean as backdrop. It was all very relaxed and casual.

I know I'm a little biased but it was a really special wedding.
The whole thing was simple but elegant just like the dress.
 This morning after unpacking and getting wash done and hung out, I met friends for coffee. After that I had just enough time to add Silk highlights to a watercolor that I did back in June.


3 comments:

elle said...

Special indeed. Is that pockets in a wedding dress? Luv it! And the foxglove is wonderful!

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

I LOVE her dress - and POCKETS@? Awesomeness : )))

Margaret Applin said...

Ohhhh it does look special and the bride's dress...awesome! So simple, so young, and virginal can I say? Is that a word??? I bet it was a wonderful time.