Thursday, January 20, 2011

what a difference a day makes!

It's funny how one day you wake up feeling terrible, depressed and sick and the next day you feel OK. Today  was a good day, and I took advantage of the sun this morning. I went snowshoeing and fed the chickadees which is one of my happiest things to do in the world. Along the trail someone has put up some feeding stations and the chickadees will quite willingly feed from your hand as well. I stopped a few times to hand feed and take some pictures.
 This is a picture of the snow in our backyard. The window at the end is my sewing room. It is a good bit of snow but not nearly what we had a couple of years ago.

Once I got home, I was inspired to try quickly sketching a few chickadees. I started to add some color but I had to leave for my doctor's appointment. I will get back to tehm.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

What a wonderful, peaceful thing to do - hand feed a bird. That little one is so trusting and tame.