Wow! This is 2 posts in one day. It will be a short one this time. I did a very quick preliminary sketch of a luna moth just before supper with my watercolor pencils. It could use a little more detail but I will save that for the fabric. I've not done too many painted add-ons to a hanging other than dragonflies bees. Those I've done with needle lace on tulle. I plan to paint the moth but I'm not really sure what kind of fabric to use. I've traced it onto a cotton batiste to try with my Derwent Inktennse pencils. I guess if that doesn't work, I'll try a heavier cotton. I'm wondering if I should stitch a thin wire around the wings or not. Perhaps some interfacing underneath before I thread paint would do the trick. We shall see. It has been some time since I worked on the mystic houses hanging. Once I finish the moth I will take it out and audition it on the hanging.