Thursday, February 26, 2015

Still playing with rejects, shanties

This week, I've had several appointments and have thus been capturing bits of sewing here and there.  I am so thankful to have a space that I can walk into and pick up where I left off.

Before going out for my second appointment this morning--I got my hair cut-- I cut and backed a couple more pieces from my reject box.

This first one is screen printed with the fern and a repeat motif and colored with Neocolor II crayons just like in my last article in Quilting Arts magazine. (in the sidebar)

I didn't really like the effect or the colors but with the blue background added and some stitching, I think it will make a nice bag or maybe mug rug. It is about 4 1/2" by 6 1/2".

This one was a from a series of Gelli printed ulips that I did and it really wasn't working. Definitely a reject, but a little black free motion stitching and more color added to the tulip, and I think it will suit a small project.


I've almost finished the stitching on this piece and think I will add a border before adding the final quilting. In another post, I will show you the batik that I think is perfect for it.


As usual, I can;t get through a day without watching and photographing some birds.
The male purple finch visited briefly.


1 comment:

Linda said...

So lovely and very creative, and I love your bird photo.