Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Playing with paint

We are have a cold snap here right now and I'm having trouble staying warm no matter what I do. The key is to keep moving but sometimes I tire out and have to resort to heated bags and blankets. The sun is shining though and since I didn't get out yesterday, I went for a walk. I bundled up and was plenty warm. It's once I come back in that I get cold.
This morning, after hanging some heavier draperies in my dining room, I went to my painting table and played with some paint and a scarp of white cotton. I plan to do some free motion work on it, sew it into hearts and stuff them, just like the one I did last week.

I spent a bit of time after lunch stitching around more snowflakes and making feathers.

I've gotten a couple of the snowflakes done on the velvet but it doesn't show.

Once I've finished, I'll try using my good camera on the velvet.
I won't have a chance to work on it now until the weekend. I've started tutoring a student on two afternoons, Wednesday and Friday and I'll be away on Thursday.
For now, I'm going to make a hot chocolate and curl up with my book.

11 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful Holy you re so talented.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I have to agree with Glenda.....I love it

Sam said...

Two thumbs up!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lovely Holly:) It's bitter here today...a hot chocolate sounds very good.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great projects on the go, Holly! I love that pink/coral/purple/gold -- great palette!

Anonymous said...

Our cold snap in Southern Alberta seems to finally be over, but now some fog has rolled in, so it still seems dreary. I love your snow-dyed snowflakes. So beautiful.

beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

elle said...

ooh, I like the pink one but maybe because my hands are cold! lol

Regina said...

Very creative! Hope it is warmer where you are though, as here we have -30°C and even my dogs avoid going outside. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! I love how you create your material yourself. I can't wait to see your hearts! A cold snap here too.

Margaret Applin said...

Everything looks so beautiful!!! I love what you are doing with your snowflakes!!!

rtquilter said...

Realy pretty,Holly