Friday, January 25, 2013

A gift

I am not able to produce as much because I'm now tutoring two afternoons per week which cuts into my sewing time and thus I don't have as much to post about.
Yesterday would have been a studio day but I took a trip with my quilting friends to visit a member of our group who moved just over an hour away from here. We've been together as quilting friends for a dozen years or so.
We got to visit her new sewing room addition and we surprised her with our traditional gift of a quilt for the 60th birthday.
I think it is such a pretty quilt! The birthday girl is in the front.

I'm standing in the purple shirt right behind her.
I've promised myself not to post about my recent project again until its completely finished. Maybe tomorrow.

6 comments:

Dolores said...

It is a pretty quilt. Lucky recipient.

imquilternity said...

Beautiful quilt and how generous of your group! What a bunch of lovely ladies! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What a lovely quilt!! Such vibrant colors....love it!

elle said...

Spools! How nice. You look like a great bunch.

Linda said...

What fun! I love the quilt, such a scrappy delight!

Glady said...

What a great birthday gift. I love that pattern of spools. I'm glad to read that you found a tutoring position.