Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nesting

The sun came out and the temperatures warmed up this afternoon, so I took myself out for a trail walk to improve my spirits. It never fails to help, deeply inhaling the deep woods air, watching the chickadees swoop in for their seeds.
I've been thinking about this nest that I pass by regularly, wondering if I might reproduce it in fabric and thread. I've done a quick little watercolour today to get a feel for its shapes, colors and shadows.

I'm calling it Gone South and will need to play with it some more before moving to fabric. A few touch ups are needed here too, but you get the idea.

12 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very nice:)

Swedish Scrapper said...

Mmmm, wonder how this will develop? Lovely....

Sheila said...

I love it Holly ! What a lovely afternoon you must have had , sounds like fun :-)

imquilternity said...

That is so lovely. It's peaceful and subtle....just beautiful.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You have a real eye for this Holly....

Susan J Barker said...

Oh boy, I wish I could enjoy winter like that! Chick-a-dees abound in my yard but without the snow. I am curious to see how this project develops.

Happy Turtle said...

Lovely.
Carol

elle said...

This is really something to catch the eye. Great job!

What Comes Next? said...

fresh air is so invigorating! lovely watercolour, have fun reproducing in fabric!

Margaret said...

Lovely!

Kit Lang said...

That's really lovely...

Threadpainter said...

Great sketch Holly ... and I'm anxious to see this in fabric and thread !