Thursday, January 7, 2021

Gelli monoprints, testing fabric paints for an new piece

I took a little break from the baby quilt to put together the Gelli prints for my cushion cover.

If you’d like to follow along on my day, there’s a new video on YouTube. You can watch by clicking the icon on the top right of my blog. I’m learning as I go. And I must say it’s difficult to out yourself out there in a video.

One of my readers suggested I could use them to make cards so I thought I’d use the leftover pieces and even tried one for a bookmark.
I will do a scant stitch around but I’d also like to find a glue to hold it down. I’ll have to look around and retry some. Any suggestions are welcome.

I’ve been working on a large pattern for a new fiber art piece in which I’ll use Setacolor paints. Here, I’ve been sampling both the opaque and transparent ones.

I’m quite happy with the paints and think I’ll go with the opaque ones. You can see the reference picture below.

It’s going to be quite large, so I’m hoping I’ll have enough paint.  It will be painted, stitched and the collaged with fabric flowers and foliage. That’s the plan anyway.

We took a short drive yesterday and I found another little old shed to photograph. It’s very grey, maybe not much for interest. I don’t know why I’m so attracted to them.

I’m now putting the rows together and I’ve chosen a border fabric for the drunkard’s path baby quilt.

I hope you’re having a ni e week despite the challenges. 💜

No comments: