Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Monday, November 14, 2016
Saturday, November 5, 2016
When my husband and I drove over to the trail today, we stopped at the mailbox and my thermofax screens were there.
I'm so thrilled! They will be used in many future projects. The larger ones are about 5" by 7". I wanted to see how they would turn out before ordering some larger ones.
I love the patterns that resulted from my original single doodles.
We gathered a few branches which I strung onto two corners of my deck. No going across the rail this year. I'm keeping it simple. They will have pinecones, a bow, and snowflake lights added though. Between my daughter who is expecting in two weeks and my pending shoulder surgery, I thought I'd get a few things done early.
Last year, My husband wired them up to a timer that put them on at dusk and off at 11:00PM. It was encouraging to see the light up time get a little later each week in the winter.
I've just made myself a cocoa chai tea- my invention- and I'm heading to the studio. Start with almond milk, heated. Steep with a chai tea, add dark cocoa, honey to taste and cinnamon.
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
I've had a busy couple of weeks, packing last week for my SAQA retreat weekend and following that, a visit to an ancestral homestead in Halifax, NS.
It was built in 1825 and once sat on about 1000 acres which has since been appropriated by the city, except for 4 1/2 acres. There is now a B&B run by a distant cousin in the historical house.
I went there on Sunday to stay a night and hear the stories about of my relatives.
This is the original ice house.
Notice the present day house in the background. It is a little historic oasis in the muddle of suburbia.
Part of the property is leased for an urban garden.
And there are walking paths.
It was a lovely trip down memory lane for me.
Yesterday, was an unpacking, washing and generally catching up kind of day.
I did take some time to relax in the sewing studio, playing with a painted fabric from earlier this fall.
I cut up a couple of pieces, added a stabilizer and did some free motion loose outlining in black.
After putting strips on each end, I decided to do the leaves with a heavier thread in the bobbin for the green wandering leaves. They are stitched from the back.
The 1st piece is a little hanging . I've sewn tiny beads in the flower centres.
The second piece will be a small sewing kit. I'm going to add French knots to the centres.
Pure and simple fun.