Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More sea creatures

Today was one of my two days a week to have the car which means that I do a few errands in place of studio time. I did spend some time at breakfast doing a sketch of a few more of my gathered treasures.

After that, I went for a very short walk using my walking poles and carrying a plastic bag and scissors for snipping some wildflowers.
I found tansy, yarrow, asters and thistles. I think it's every bit as pretty as a bouquet of flowers.

Every year when I notice the yellow tansy, I have to pick a bunch. It dries quite well and stays yellow for a long time.

Unfortunately, my little walk caused me a lot of pain in my hip and I spent the rest of the day hobbling around. I had an X-ray for it just this afternoon. Could possibly be osteoarthritis in the hip. We'll see.
I'm linking to The Needle and a Thread Network.

4 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful sketches and also the very vibrant tansy.

Susan J Barker said...

I never expected tansy in a bouquet! It does not grow here on the west side of the rockies, tho... Sorry to hear of the problem hips! It makes things more difficult.

Wendy said...

Oh I love the addition of the tansy. Where do you fins it growing wild?

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Awesome. Tansy is bursting all over here right now too. GOod to know it dries well.

LOVE your sketches.
Always : )

Monika