Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sketching cornflowers

Unusually for me, I woke at dawn this morning and had to get up. One can get so much more accomplished when you get out of bed! I put in a wash and folded another one before heading to yoga. It was so nice to chat with a friend over tea afterwards.
The middle part of my day was intense as I finished up the edits on an article I'm writing. It's all done and sent, phew.
I needed to loosen up so I went outside to my garden and took some snaps of the cornflowers. It is way too 'buggy' out there right now to sketch on site!
Back inside, I made a cup of tea (funny how that always goes with my sketching process), gathered up a few supplies to my kitchen table and sat to sketch.

It relaxes me. Sometimes I don't know why I make the tea; it's part of the process I guess. Often I forget to drink it though.

Maybe fodder for some textile work.
While outside, I scooted to our shed and took a quick picture of my small planter hanging there. This is a single petunia. Aren't all those petal variations pretty?

Now I'm going to put together my version of a NLT salad that I found on the net for supper. Hubby is golfing, so no pressure.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

your sketches are great Holly!

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Holly, making tea is also a part of my preparing for sketching routine. Congrats on getting your article finished.