Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A tiny flower study

It seems as if my time is eaten up by too many things lately, a sign of spring and the gardening season, I guess. Today, I felt as if I flitted from one thing to another ever since I got home from yoga. I had to make a run to the grocery store, water new plants, pot a plant for the front step, do supper preparations, get some work clothes ready for my husband, and I even squeezed in cutting the strips for a small binding.

On the way home from yoga picked up a nice potted plant for the planter on my front step. All I needed to do was transfer it from the hanging pot to the square one. Easy, peasy.

Finally, I decided it was time to slow down. I made a cup of tea and grabbed my sketchbook and paints.

It's just a quick little study of my first picked flowers of the year, forget-me-nots and bleeding hearts, but it did slow me down at least.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Holly , I really like the painting just the way it is right now.
it is very soft and relaxing to look at

elle said...

Nice to stop and smell the flowers. ;^)