I promised yesterday that I would show some more of my printing results, so here are some with a seashore theme for which I made my own gelatin mold. I whipped the gelatin with a wire whisk for lots of bubbles in the gelatin. This shows up in the print. I used dried, pressed seaweed and a paper masque for the shell. They will be developed further with stitch and paint.
I'm aiming for the look of a fairy tale castle in the sea. made teh stamp with craft foam and mounted it on Plexiglas which my husband cuts and sands for me.
I was out for lunch, errands and groceries today and when I got home I added a little more texture to my hummingbird pieces with screens, and odd bits of things I've collected with interesting textures.
This time, I lightly outlined with a pencil on the right side and then went ahead and stitched referring back to my sketches when needed. Something is missing in the bottom center. I will be adding something there. I've done the corn flowers before as some of you may remember. I love their colors and their wispy petals. I will be adding color to the hummingbird and the flowers.
blog. It is so beautiful!