Tuesday, April 24, 2012
I just put my poor arthritic fingers through a torture test that I'm paying for now.. I made two of the pyramid bags that I gave the link for yesterday. Of the several that I looked at on the net, this one was the only one that I could understand. It seemed faster and easier than the other methods, but there was lots of maneuvering with the bag under the presser foot. By stitching the zipper on as shown, I found it didn't lay back inside nicely, so I managed to sew a row of top stitching on the outside. That was tricky.
The other drawback is that the front and lining are quilted and there is no other lining added as I noticed on some of the other methods. Then you're left with some raw edges that may produce a few threads (on the inside).
After i finished the first one, I pulled out my bin of printed and painted fabrics and decided to free motion quilt this one. It is a sun print done with Setacolor transparent fabric paints.
It was, I thought, a fairly blah piece until I added the stitching.