I've been in an uninspired funk for the last several days which is why I pulled out my postage stamp for some mindless work. I took the 6 by 6 square that I put together yesterday and made it into the star block.
Now I have 8 finished stars and I have 2 more 6 inch blocks done. I did a little diagram of how I'm thinking of putting it together in my little graph paper book. A graph paper book was a recent wonderful discovery for planning out quilts. It would make it about 48' square so I 'll have think of what to do for more borders. I don't think I'll make enough postage stamp blocks to go around again.
Then I was calm and satisfied and able to turn back to my creative work. The odd serendipitous thing about my recent snow dyes is that I had pink and orange tulips in mind when I mixed the colors up. I randomly scrunched up the fabric under the snow dye, but lo and behold when I ironed the fabric and scrutinized it more closely, I could see tulips! Next, I went searching through last year's garden photos where I found pictures of my pink and orange tulips and made a quick pencil sketch.
Here I have lightly outlined them with quilter's chalk on the snow dyed fabric. I hope you can see them.
I'm linking to the Needle and Thread Network for WIP Wednesday.