Sunday, November 8, 2009

One of those weeks

I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday! It's been a busy week. Wed. night I had to sit in on interviews for a new teacher we are hiring who will be working with me when we expand into a bigger room. I also always feel the need to get out for some exercise, so that took up my other nights. Yesterday, I volunteered at the Bay Breeze Art Gallery where I have some of my work. It was such a beautiful day, --although cold--that when I got home I went for a walk down the NB Trail.
I took a few pictures for future reference in my artwork. Here's one of some moss and mountain ash berries.
I did manage to get the binding sewn onto my little cardinal wall hanging, so I can put it away until it's time to mail it for Christmas. The color is good, but I cut the binding off on one side when It took the picture.
Last night I started cutting a few squares for a baby quilt that I want to do for a niece. I noticed this block one time on the internet and I drew it out. When I went looking again this week it was called Crossed Blocks. I hadn't really thought of it in a religious way when I started it, I just liked the graphic simplicity of it, so I've decided to continue. I'm hoping once I add in all the different Repro prints it will be 'prettier'.
After I post this, I'm going outside to tie up my last few trees, help my husband with a couple of chores, hopefully before it rains, and then after lunch we will visit the in laws.

No comments: