Saturday, November 14, 2009

A bit of sketching, some cooking, some sewing

It's a beautiful November day today. I got up early and visited our local market today where I bought a pair of mitts made from recycled and felted wool sweaters. They are lined with fleece, and I think they will be perfect for walking, skiing or snow shoeing in the winter.
Then my husband and I went to Daley Point, a local bird sanctuary, for a walk. We took lots of pictures, and it was even warm enough for me to do a little watercolor sketch. I got a little chilled toward the end as it I was near the water, so I finished it up at home.
Before I left,I had chopped eggplant and zuchinni for a ratatouille, so that when I got home, I could put it on the stove to cook with a can of tomatoes, some peppers, mushrooms and spices. Now that supper's simmering, I can spend some time in my studio.
At Daley Point I took pictures of birch trees along the trail as we walked, so that I'll have them for reference as I work on my textured background from my last blog. Aren't these berries pretty?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I agree the berries are very pretty. It is so easy to walk by them when the foliage is full, but they sure shine when they stand alone on the branches. I love the new sketch by the way...very realistic. Question for you...do you do birds? Have you ever done a chick-a-dee? If so, wanna share a pic? I am on the 8th floor of an apt. in the middle of the city...I miss my chick-a-dees.