Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's the end of a nice..

weekend. It was a rainy day yesterday which I don't mind because then I don't feel guilty about staying in all day. I cooked--turkey chili, polenta, and carrot/turnip soup. I spent some time in my sewing room, and a friend dropped over for a show and tell and some advice on a piece she is working on. Last night my husband and I watched Angels and Demons with Tom Hanks. I enjoyed it and did lots of knitting on an afghan at the same time.
Today it was not raining but very windy, so we walked the trail which is sheltered from the wind. We went to visit the in laws for a bit, and then I still had about an hour to spend in my room.
I've finished all the blocks for my baby quilt - you can see them tacked onto my design wall. I thought they sort of looked like wonky H's, but another blogger -Exuberant Color- wrote that they remind her of fences and I think they do.
I'm still working away at the bits and pieces for my little winter wall hanging. I laid out some wool roving and threads onto netting and then free motion stitched it all with water soluble stabilizer on top.
Here is the finished piece. It looks darker than it really is. I have really got to improve my photography skills!
Here it is cut into strips and sewn onto the hanging. Also, I added a tree that I made from wool fibers and a free motion zigzag.
The last photo is of another tea towel onto which I sewed a line of crocheted trim. Again, I tried this photo several times and I finally gave up on getting the trim in focus. I tried both the regular setting and the macro setting for closer objects. You get the idea anyway.
I'm heading out to the kitchen now to make a salad for my lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I had trouble with the Macro setting too at first. You have to find an area that it focuses (where there is contrast between dark and light) and then while still holding the button for focus, turn the camera back to capture the whole item you are photographing. You might be able to get it to focus on the white trim and the red and then turn the camera back to get the whole picture. I hope this helps. I had trouble on the flowers in my garden until I looked for a focus spot. Then a little green outlined box shows up in the veiwfinder.