Monday, December 14, 2020

Quiet days, stitching and painting

My usual routine daily is to do chores, paperwork and perhaps a small errand, in the morning and after lunch I head to the studio for most of the afternoon. Often I’ll do cutting and machine sewing until break and snack time and then I’ll sit in my rocker with handwork.
Which is exactly what I did today.

I didn’t sew anymore blocks today, but did rearrange and try to make sense of the pattern. I don’t have many more to make.; however, I realized that I must follow a plan if I want it to work out right. Right now the golds follow a wavy diagonal line from top right to lower left. I need to now work on the other colors.
Drawing it out and colouring with coloured pencils may be necessary.



I put it aside to make a pillow case with the golf ball fabric for my husbands stocking. We haven’t done them for years and usually don’t  do gifts. Since, it’ll likely be the two of us here this year, we thought we’d do small stockings.



I’m also planning to make him a mask with same fabric as he was asking for one a while back and there was no golf fabric to be had.

I painted two Christmas cards for special people and today I tried a little piece with snowflakes using some drawing fluid which I don’t use often.



After the masking fluid dried, I added watercolour and some salt and let that dry. The finished piece is for for a card or tag, has the mask it rubbed off.



This is a method that I saw on Instagram. I’ve forgotten her name and couldn’t find it again. I would like to reference her so if I see it agin, I’ll add it.

These cards, I did yesterday following Emma Lefevbre on YouTube. I’m enjoying all her how to videos for simple watercolour.

When I have my afternoon snack, I like to sit in my rocker, hand stitching, while watching YouTube or listening to music.




My husband made from scratch veggies burgers for supper. You wouldn’t know this but it is quite a nice surprise. He’s an excellent barbecuer and Sunday breakfast maker but that’s about it. I’ve been trying to encourage him to try a few things. He came in from his walk today and said he had a craving for veggie burgers. We found a simple recipe with chick peas, oatmeal, sautéed veggies and an egg. I helped a bit at first and then he finished.  He’s out there right now baking oven fries and cooking the patties. He wants lettuce, tomatoes and cheese on top.



It smells so good!


No comments: