Friday, December 11, 2020

Christmas decorating, stitching and knitting

I’ve had a couple of very busy weeks between having the bathroom Reno finished and going for appointments. Finally, I’ve been able to settle a bit and take some time to put out a few Christmas things now that the banging and sanding is all done.

I’ve made another short video of the finished bathroom if you’re interested. Follow the YouTube link above on my sidebar. I’m pretty happy with the results on a budget.



I put out a few of my favourite snowmen and Santa’s in a few spots.



This arrangement is standing in for a tree this year. It’s just the two of us and it’s plenty to make me happy, especially with my limited mobility and low energy levels.



These are some of my favourite Santas - several I’ve made myself over the years - the 3 on the left of the little fir tree and the clay one on the right.



This at the end of the hallway. The watch was given to my husband form an uncle who passed away.



I’ve heard the word ‘cozy’ used a lot recently and I think that’s been my aim rather than strictly Christmas decorating. I hung a string of battery lights in the corner of my studio. 



Before I sat in my rocker for some stitching, I cut out some pieces for the drunkards’s path baby quilt I’m making.


Then it was time for tea, some  You tube, and some stitching.
I’m embroidering a label for the quilt that will go to our  youngest grandson, Gussie.









Also, I finally finished the birch trees and put the binding on it, ready for hand stitching. The sun is getting low in the sky though and I’ll have to get better pictures another day.



I do like  the light in my studio this time of day.







I made a jacket for Peter Rabbit. It just needs a button at the neck.





These are the mitts I’m attempting to make. The directions are actually very detailed and well explained. I just have to be careful to follow the right rows on the graphs!
They’re made with 2 ply Briggs and little yarn.



I’ve also got a pair of merino wools socks on the needles for some no brainer knitting.



I hope you’re having a good week despite our challenges wherever you are. 💕

No comments: