Saturday, December 26, 2020

Finished poinsettia runner

It has been a very quiet few days here and except for some down moments on Christmas Eve day when fb popped up with a year old  picture of when we were on PEI and out walking in the snow with my grandson and family, I’ve been feeling pretty good. We did have our son and fiancé for a visit yesterday and we FaceTimed with the rest of the family that we couldn’t visit. My husband and I had a quiet surf and turf fondue which allowed time to chat and relax while cooking each piece. 
Then, after supper, we watched a good movie, one of the best we’ve seen in a while - it had a combination I like - a little comedy, lots of mystery with twists and lots of drama. And the setting was this big old stone mansion  very eccentricity decorated, so much so that I wanted to pause it to look at it all. The owner of the house was an elderly but renowned mystery writer, his caregiver nurse  and his extended family. And then of course murder. It was called Knives Out and we found it on Prime.

Today, is even more quiet with just the two of us and we stayed home. I headed to my studio and did a small cleanup before finally finishing a poinsettia runner that’s been folded up in a drawer for a few years. It was originally stamped with fabric paint and craft foam stamp that I made, then the background was painted with brush and fabric paint plus some loose leaf shapes done  with Neocolor II crayons.

I didn’t add batting or quilt it; I simply backed it with muslin and stitched together envelope style. Done.







My sister sent me a pic this morning while visiting my mom who also lives in PEI. She has Alzheimer’s and often snoozes in her special wheelchair. Today, she was wearing a mock neck that I gave her for Christmas and a shawl that I made and gave her a couple of years ago. She did know me when my brother FaceTimed with me Christmas Eve while he helped her open the gifts from me. It made me tears eyed, especially when he told me that she later wanted to wear a sweater from me.  And again this morning when she was wearing the mock neck which we both used to like from northern Reflections. Every time I see her which has been much since Covid-19, I wonder if the next time she’ll still know me.

One of my 2 favourite hiftswas a set of stroller skis that fit my walker which will allow me to do little forays into the trail where the chickadees feed. 




And the other one also from my husband is a weather  vane featuring hummingbirds for our garden. We haven’t normally been doing gifts but then it’s not a normal year. I was quite surprised as he usually doesn’t know what to buy so it was touching.



Our grandsons, Ollie nad Gussie on Christmas morning.





And Christmas Eve.



Virtual hugs to you my readers. I hope you’ve a nice Christmas celebrating in whatever ways you could. Peace.

No comments: