Sunday, December 6, 2020

Christmas cookies, birches, backyard birds

I’m sure most of you regular readers will be tired of seeing my birches, as I am of working on it, lol. I’ve had so much going on here with the bathroom Reno, it’s been hard to find stitching time.
Except for a few small finishing details, the bathroom is done and tonight I will take my first shower there.



This is the original tile that we didn’t remove behind the sink and toilet on one side of the bathroom and it actually looks pretty good. The rest that was  around the tub and on the bottom half of the other side of the room was removed.



My husband had actually purchased this heater with fan last year and finally got it in. I’m going to really love it!



We’ve had a bit of snow, some rain and freezing rain, a rather dismal day.



A good day after some kitchen time, to be in the studio.



The little carved tree house was a gift from my son, found in a craft shop near Lunenburg years ago.



Yesterday, I bought a new little succulent for my Branches Pottery plant pot. It didn’t have a label so I shall have to search for it’s name.


 
I actually mixed up the gingerbread cookies and baked a tray a couple of days ago and today I decorated them.



Banana, oatmeal, ground flax, and dark chocolate chip muffins.



The inspiration for my cookies although these ones are a chocolate shortbread.



I really, really wanted to finish the birches today but after about an hour of stitching, my back wanted to quit! 
Most of the quilting is now done.



As you can see here.



I have a few little areas left to quilt and then on to the binding.



The right hand binding is satin. I think I’m leaning to one on the top left which is a marble batik.



There’s been a lot going on here today, even out at the feeders. I saw the female cardinal back this morning.

Then after lunch, a squirrel, a blue jay, a few doves and a flock of pine grosbeaks. I counted about 8.











Gussie and Ollie with hats made by their great grandmother.





I hope you've been enjoying your weekend.

No comments: