Saturday, December 19, 2020

Knitting socks, a poinsettia runner, drunkards path, ayervedic tea

We had a couple small things to do this morning, so I had this afternoon left for the studio. The first part I spent on our deck re doing the fir branches in my urn after a friend passed on some fresh ones to me this morning. Mine seemed to be getting too dry as I’d gathered them from a clear cut and they’d been perhaps too long on the ground.



Every time I’m in my studio I cut a few more pieces to fit the diagonal pattern I’m attempting with the drunkards path. I had a little help from my friend Sue yesterday to pin up sample snippets of fabrics that were needed in certain spots. 
I discovered it’s best to either completely map out the pattern before sewing blocks or to cut the pieces as needed to fill in the spots on the design wall.
There are a couple pieces not yet cut and possibly a few changes but I think it’s getting pretty close now.



When i looked into the studio last night in the dark, I could discern most of the  pattern.

Since March, I’ve been slowly pulling out unfinished projects. I didn’t know there were so many, lol! I found this poinsettia runner which I made with my own stamped and painted fabric with the poinsettias. Several years ago I made 2 cushions and started this. The cushions are also made with my own painted and stamped fabric, free motion stitched and quilted. Labor intensive. So the runner has been sitting.








I’ve decided to simply back it envelope style and finish sone of the accents with paint. Who needs quilting on a runner?

I had to stop the cutting and sewing though at break time to rest my back.

These days I’ve been using my tea mug that has a mesh insert to make an ayervedic tea that I can sip for the day or the afternoon.




There are several recipes to be found on line. I use a decaf green or herbal tea, coriander, fennel seeds, cinnamon, fresh ginger and tuneric. I like the ginger and fennel for the stomach and the turmeric for inflammation. I don’t know how effective it is though my stomach likes it, and it can’t hurt.

This is a second pair of socks that I’m knitting. I like to alternate between the NFLD ones and these as these are easy knitting. The yarn is hand dyed merino and the pattern is Crunkled found on Ravelry. 



And now it’s time to go put the pork tenderloin in the oven. It’s been marinading in homemade applesauce,  maple syrup, onion, garlic and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
Last night, I made a vegetarian pad Thai with a marinated and baked tofu which was so good. Lately, I’ve been trying to have more vegetarian meals in between the meat meals.

I’m wishing you all a peaceful weekend. Be good to yourself and try not to put too many Christmas demands on yourself. Of course that’s easier when you no longer have children home.


No comments: