Thursday, December 17, 2020

Baby quilt blocks - drunkard’s path

I came into my studio about midday when it was still quite bright. Earlier a friend was here and helped sort out sone of the colors that I needed to layout to bring out the diagonal curves of  the drunkard’s path blocks. I think I’m more of and organic intuitional artist and quilter and this pattern was getting the best of me. We laid out little scraps of the colours that needed to go in certain spots. You can see the littles fabric squares here and there.



Later, I started cutting some of the pieces to add to the necessary spots but didn’t have time to stitch any blocks. As I get more of the right blocks sewn, I think I’ll see more of a pattern.



The light quickly went from this to this.



Feeling that our place was a little bare for Christmas, I hung a few of my antique ornaments in the kitchen window and then from the bottom of my antique church light.



I ripped back to the cuff of the mitts as I found them too tight. I switched the needle size and I believe it’s working.



I had socks to show but the light faded too much to get a good picture, so next time. 

 Now, I need to stop and get supper started. đź’•

No comments: