Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Finishing the birches, a mask and the bathroom Reno

This morning, I was up early because the contractor comes at 8, so I like to be dressed and getting breakfast by then. He couldn’t put the floor down today as its been raining most of the day and he needs to set up his saw outside. Instead, he put the second coat of paint on and got the sink in. My husband did the plumbing.



The paint is a very pale grey and I’m very happy with it. Can’t wait to get this done though so I can get onto a bit of Christmas decorating.



Before I went out for a hair appointment-my first in months-I chopped veggies for a quick stir fry for supper. My energy always seems to wane by suppertime and it helps to do whatever I can earlier in the day. I found a package of my meatballs without a sauce in the freezer. I plan to do the veggies, throw in the meatballs, make  a quick sauce right in the pan, and serve it with quinoa.


I’ve never been one to color my hair; however, I thought a few purple highlights would be fun right now. Not many will see it but it’ll make me smile. And hopefully, it’ll be a while before I’ll need to go back.



Since it’s a wet although warm day out there, I stayed in my studio this afternoon. I’m sure you’re tired of seeing the birches. It’s almost to the end though. I’ve stitched everything down and it would be ready for the batting and backing if I hadn’t decided that I needed a few more white flowers with a bit more dimension.

So now I’m back to the hoop again with FabriSolvy and netting to free motion stitch a few more flowers. I’m also using a top stitch weight thread to add more texture.









I’m often still trying out new mask designs. This pattern came from my mother in law and I’ve lined it with the polypropylene. It fits well, but not really any better than my other favourite one and since I have a template to cut it, I’ll likely stick with that one.



It was our grandson Gussie’s 8 month birthday on the 29th, the same day as his older brother Ollie’s  4th birthday.






He tries so hard to join in with his brother which I’m sure shall lead to sone issues when he can!



He was contained in the block crate along with a block, lol.

No comments: