Monday, April 23, 2012

tulips again

I left for my stress test this morning at 7:30 and got home at 1:00pm. This was a fasting test where I had 2 nuclear scans done as well as the treadmill part. I was given some orange juice a couple of times which helped. I was told that the treadmill part was good, so I shall just have to wait for the results of the scans. I'm fairly confident that all will be fine.
Once I ate something I started making a new recipe for celery soup that I found in a free sample issue of the  May 2012  Cook Vegetarian. My husband is coming down with a cold and I thought it would be just the thing. I also put a quick oatmeal cheese bread in the oven. My only problem is that I need a more powerful blender.

While waiting for it to cook, I decided to sit down with my tulips again. My friend Charlotte suggested they needed more definition. I think she had something like a dark orange in mind, but since I. was already out of love with the piece, I figured why not go for it and I used black. I'm still not sure I love it but I definitely like it better.

Then I decided to add a bit more stitching on the petals-- a little more needed to tomorrow.

Now, I can't decide if I'll bind it or make it into this pyramid bag that I saw here. It looks pretty easy.

4 comments:

elle said...

That little bag is slick but won't you lose the effect of your lovely tulips? The stitching is great.

Margaret Applin said...

Wow! Really like the black stitching!! Isn't it amazing how just a little added a lot? Really like this!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the black thread.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Love the black! It was the perfect addition; and how cool that we get stretched with more imagination once we allow ourselves to explore 'what we don't like' and make it into something... unexpected! Way to SEW, girl!