Saturday, April 14, 2012

border dilemma

I was all set to get creative today; my body wasn't cooperating! I think my busy week caught up with me and when I got home after lunch today, as much as I wanted to go into my studio, I didn't have the energy. I ended up stretched out on the sofa with the crossword and my knitting.


A few times today, I've pulled fabrics out trying to match the tulip piece. I think it might make a nice pillow. I cannot believe I was in 3 quilt shops this week and never thought to take this piece to look for border fabrics. I've tried 3 from my stash but I'm not quite happy, although I think the 3rd might be the best option.
 This project may have to wait until I go away again in May. Darn!
Any votes on whether it should be a wall hanging or a pillow?
If it is to be a hanging, I could finish quilting it and get away with a green binding I think.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

the knitting is so pretty with that little bit of color added.

I like the third best too. I think wallhanging rather than pillow.

Maree said...

Definitely a wall hanging - it is so pretty. I think the third option looks great for a border.

Gill said...

I do love your tulips! I too think the third is the best of the three but somehow I feel it's not quite right(sorry!!)
Definitely a wall hanging!

Anonymous said...

I like the third as well, since it seems to echo the leaves.
Stay inspired!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

The third green seems to agree better with what looks to be a slight pinkish cast? Ah... pillow or wall hanging... ? Decisions, decisions! It will be beautiful either way, Holly!

elle said...

Oh,dear. Sorry, but I really like that first one. Orange and pink to my mind is yummy and they'd make a lovely pillow!