Monday, April 30, 2012

adding narrow borders and shiva Paintsticks

I didn't get to sew today because I had a  dentist appointment for a filling and then a doctor's appointment. Yesterday,  I did add a narrow red border in the quilt as you go method, and today I did sit down and add some color to the bird and flowers with Shiva Paintsticks.

It is a little more fiddly to do a small piece with the quilt as you go method but I'm glad I did because I dd change my mind about the final border once I added the inner border and some paint. You can see a bit of the fabric I will use for the final border in the background. I do still have to add black stitching for the eye and hopefully I'll have time for some sewing tomorrow.

3 comments:

elle said...

Looks good,Holly. Do you have tips for the Shiva paint sticks?

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

It's a great looking piece..I really like the quilting you did from the back...stands out nicely.

imquilternity said...

It's looking wonderful! I love the red...it really makes the whole thing pop.