Saturday, September 20, 2014

Guild UFO day, my article in Quilting Arts Magazine

I went to my first UFO day today where I always take a traditional quilting project. I keep one or two packed in containers ready to go. Today, I was doing a few more blocks for my X's and O's batik baby quilt.

You might notice the copy of Quilting Arts Magazine there. I've been waiting anxiously to see my article in print. It came yesterday.

October/November Quilting Arts magazine

I must say it is pretty exciting and humbling to be amongst such admired artists!

Most of the ladies were working on variations of twister projects this morning-- a mini workshop.
There was one that will be a pumpkin hanging.

Some Christmas fabrics.

One done in repros.

It's always a happy day. I love going.

7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great pattern and congratulations on your feature in Quilting Arts. I should be getting this in my mail box pretty soon.

Linda said...

congrats on your article being published! WooHoo! That pumpkin twister looks like something I would like to make.

beth said...

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing YOU in print. :)

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Good on you Holly for being in print! Seeing the article will mean so much more to me having gotten to know you through your blog.

What Comes Next? said...

congratulations Holly - I hope mine arrives this week, I'm looking forward to reading your article!

Jo Vandermey said...

I'll have to wait a few weeks to see the magazine until I get home. Looking forward to reading it. Congratulations.

Mereknits said...

That is so exciting. Hooray for you!
Hugs,
Meredith