Little by little I'm getting packed for retreat. After doing my watercolor of the tulips yesterday though I got an idea and had to try it out.
This is purely experimental. I started with white cotton, some Setacolor opaque paint and some matte medium along with the screens I had made. The first one is white on white and is only showing up because I taped it to the window.
The plan is to layer transparent paints over top using my Gelli. You'll have to stay tuned to see how it turns out.
The next one is also intended as background texture to be layered with more paint.
Likewise the next ones.
We'll see what happens. Of course I could print with the Gelli and screen print on top but I think this will give a different look.
The last one was done with a bronze color which doesn't show well. Maybe I put it on two thickly to be layered. We shall see. Sometimes the results aren't always expected but will work out anyway. That's the fun part.