Monday, May 6, 2013

Brooches, bookmarks and a tulip

I got my housework done this morning and met some friends for coffee. At noon I baked a spelt oatmeal crust for a cauliflower ricotta pie that is now baking in the oven for supper.
I also went to a doctor's appointment so I had only a snippet of time for sewing. I managed to cut out and stitch down flowers on all the rest of the brooches and a bookmark.

I'm getting my things ready to take to our local craft shop, Chal Baie, located at our waterfront downtown.
Then I pulled out one of the tulips that I painted and bordered a couple of weeks ago. Last night I added a bit from one of my new screens and I decided to start quilting it today. I stitched all around the tulip and the leaves and the tulip really stands out although I don't think that shows up in the photo.

I will stipple the narrow border and I have a lively fabric in mind for the binding. I can't decide if I should quilt around the tulip too.

2 comments:

imquilternity said...

What a productive day! You get more done in a day that I do in a week. :)

pembrokeshire lass said...

As always, the things you make and the glorious colours....just take my breath away! Joan