Sunday, January 1, 2012

New year's intentions

While eating our breakfast today, Gord and I were discussing resolutions. He doesn't like them, and I'd prefer something with a little less pressure, like maybe intentions. Other years I've 'intended' to slow down and be more aware of the little beautiful things around me and to be more creative. In my quilting that involves using less patterns and doing a little less traditional quilting, doing more things of my own design. This I have been doing and will continue to do.
I wanted to include Gord in the process, so after some discussion we agreed to 3 things that we would do for 30 days. I read somewhere in blog land last night that it takes 30 days of practice for something to become a habit.
For the next 30 days, we agreed to:
For the lettering, you might like this tutorial by Lisa Englebreit.

We went snowshoeing before lunch and took our new camera. It was mild so we took the time to feed the birds.
 
Both of us were noticing lots of tiny beautiful things. The world is a wondrous thing.



1 comment:

Wendy said...

30 days is more doable than 365 and like you said they just might become habits after that. When you see what your camera can do you will notice all kinds of tiny things while out walking. Have fun with it.