Monday, March 1, 2021

A snow day - some birds at feeders and and some fiber art

We’re getting a big snowfall today, some typical March weather here in northern NB, so I spent the afternoon in my studio. Lately, rather from COVID fatigue, or just general fatigue, I seem to waver in my creative energy. Today, was a good day.
I started laying  fabrics for a winter moonlight scene in the birch forest.

I painted a full moon onto fusible backed tone on tone white fabric and added a little silver with a Shiva paint stick.


Next, I thought of adding some moon-rays with some sparkly tulle. I also laid a few trees on top to see how it will look, but I will remove them to stitch the moonlight and the smaller background trees.

I have added a small video to my YouTube channel with a bit of the process. Disclaimer though, I must get better at making sure that I get the camera centered on what I’m doing. It’s tricky as I can’t see it when I’m in front of the camera.







Meanwhile a speck of red outside the window caught my eye and when I checked, the male cardinal was sitting in the apple tree. I managed to get the camera focused on it before he flew away.


There were lots of birds at the feeder today - some are in the little video on YouTube. Click on the icon on top left of my sidebar.



Finally, I got the borders on the Flying Geese quilt. I have the backing fabric in the wash, so it will be ready soon to send out for quilting. I really like the cheery colours. It’s about a small twin or large lap size. The bed here is a queen size.



Prince Edward Island where my daughter and family live is shut down for a few days -what they refer to as a circuit breaker- in order to trace and isolate some new virus breakouts. 
So my daughter took the 4 year old Ollie out for a snowshoe. Danny is home as he’s a teacher and schools are closed too.



The younger grandson, Gussie, turned 11 months yesterday.




No comments: