Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A bookmark to go with a birthday gift

I’ve been a bit remiss in getting things posted of late, spending a lot of time making little movies and learning new gadgets, and not that well! If you’re interested in my latest YouTube video where I’m showing how I’m making sauerkraut, a stir fry with tempeh and short view of our downtown area here in Bathurst, Nb.  

Find the video by using the YouTube link above right on my blog. Please subscribe if you’re so inclined. And do comment if you have any thoughts. Thanks!

I did a bookmark to go with a book in a birthday gift I’m giving to a friend. They’re really fun to do so I cut out some more so I can work on them all together. I’ll lay them out on some stiff interfacing and then I’ll be able to go back and forth from one to the other. I’m using some of my Gelli prints along with some eyelash yarn, ink tense pencils, Angelina fiber and scraps of lace. What fun!

The front:



The back:



Some of these have less definition but once they’re stitched and collaged I think they’ll be great.





My niece was really thrilled with the quilt that I sent for the new baby. 


My youngest grandson will turn 1 year next week. He’s getting around well and can stand but no steps yet. He’s almost there. We’re excited as th bubble between the atlantic provinces has opened and barring any new problems, my daughter plans to come for a visit in a month.



I’m doing Thai baby afghan with a Caron baby cake and at the moment, I can’t find the pattern. I’ll have to stay at it so I won’t forget it. It is an easy pattern though.



I found it! 

And this is just a picture with the name as I’m unable to list a link here for some reason.



I also have a sweater on my needles for whichever grandson it fits. It’s easier on my fingers than the afghan and it gives me a break while I can still knit.
I live the bright colours. My daughter is not against bright colours for the boys, even pink.


The pattern is a drops design called Clever Charlie and you can easily find it on their site.



We’re still waiting for the vaccine, hoping it’ll be in the next few weeks. How are things with you my readers?

No comments: