Sunday, March 28, 2021

Studio Sunday


Our grandson Gussie will turn 1 yr this week and they had a little family party for him yesterday on PEI.
He actually seemed to enjoy it which I wondered about as he hasn’t seen a lot of people. The 4 yr old Ollie had the most fun as he loves to play with the cousins.







We hope for a visit sometime later in April if things open as planned,  and I plan to have a little belated birthday celebration for both of them.

I had one of my healthy lunches today after a hearty  breakfast of eggs and ham. The sauerkraut that I made turned out well and I add it to everything I can.






Yesterday, I pulled out my box of painted papers that I’d done last year and made a little paper poise for my mom which I’ll get in the mail tomorrow.
I followed a tutorial on YouTube by Nianiana on how to paint little bunnies. They’re not wonderful but I know mom will like them. At her cottage there were wild rabbits  there often.











This morning,  I sat down and added a few embellishments to 2 of the bookmarks I’m working on. It’s picky for work which I use tweezers  plus a bit of Matt medium to tack the pieces down before sewing them.


Then, because the glue needed to dry, I sewed a few more half square triangles for the rope design baby quilt I started. It’s a little tricky to discern the pattern, but once all the blocks are there it’ll be clearer. I hope.


This next piece is one that I just received back from several years of traveling in a SAQA trunk show. I’d forgotten it and quite like it so I put it in a frame.
The picture doesn’t bring out the sparkly threads that I used. Its called First Frost.




I hope you’re having a nice Sunday in your part of the world. 💜






1 comment:

PaintedThread said...

Love the fabrics in your HST. Love your bunnies and flowers, too.